At Hatfield Cosmetic & Family Dentist, we offer safe and relaxing pediatric dentistry in Greer, South Carolina. In order to make dental work fun and easy for our youngest patients, Dr. LeeAnn Hatfield offers the following services:
Nitrous Oxide Sedation (Laughing Gas)
What are the advantages of nitrous oxide?
- It works rapidly, ensuring relaxation and pain-killing properties for complex dental procedures
- Our dentist and team can control the sedation level with ease, depending upon the phase of the procedure
- The exact time span it needs to be given for can be determined accurately
- There is rarely a hangover effect, as the gas is eliminated from the body within 3 to 5 minutes after supply is stopped
- No injection required to administer it
- It is very safe, relative to other forms of sedation
- It can minimize severe gagging
Buzzy takes the sting out of dental injections by combining cold air and vibrations, both of which work naturally to relieve and mask pain. This is the perfect solution for parents who are hesitant to use medicines and injections on their children.
For our young patients, we offer color fillings, known as Twinky Star® Colored Fillings. These fillings are available in pink, blue, green, yellow, and silver. They contain fluoride, which helps strengthen the tooth underneath the filling. Twinky Star® colored fillings are specially designed with fluoride-releasing properties to help prevent tooth decay in primary teeth.
If you have any questions about our child dental care, we invite you to call our dental office at 864-968-8811 and arrange a visit for your child to meet with our caring, fun, and adept dentist.