Dental veneers and Lumineers® are thin, tooth-colored shells that Dr. LeeAnn Hatfield places over the front of an unsightly or damaged tooth to restore its appearance.
Veneers can be made from porcelain or resin composite materials; porcelain veneers, however, offer a more natural appearance than composite ones. Veneers can last up to 10 years, after which they will need to be replaced. Lumineers are an advanced type of dental veneers. They can last over 20 years, and they require no prep work on the teeth being treated. Patients with sensitive teeth, dental anxiety, budget constraints, or limited time in the office can all receive a beautiful, new smile within just two visits to Hatfield Cosmetic & Family Dentist!
Why get veneers?
- To mask discolored teeth
- They can fix teeth that are worn down, chipped, or broken
- They correct misaligned or uneven teeth
- They can fill large gaps between teeth
What is the procedure for getting a veneer?
- Consultation: during this phase, you will be able to discuss your desired results with our dentist and choose the size, shape, and color of your veneers
- Preparation: for traditional veneers, our dentist will remove ½ millimeter of enamel from the tooth surface after numbing the area with local anesthetic. We will make a model of your teeth once the enamel has been removed. This model will be used to craft your custom veneers. Lumineers require no preparation; instead, we make a mold of your teeth to use as a guide for your veneers.
- Bonding: this is the final step, during which our dentist will cure the veneer for permanent placement. Traditional veneers are permanent, but Lumineers can be removed by our dentist.
If you have questions about dental veneers and Lumineers® in Greer, South Carolina, please feel free to contact our team at 864-968-8811.